“Shakal Dekhi Hai Aaine Mein “, a common phrase heard by all of us sometimes or the other in our lives. It is being used by all age groups in India. Some says to their friends, some to their colleagues or a girl to a boy while he teases her. Sab aapne aapne tarike se kehte hai. Everyone says it in a different sense. Some says to make fun of you, some to really comment you, some used as a jargon (takiya-kalam). But today I wish to share it in a new and different manner. I want to take it on a new level, a new mechanism to understand the Self-Reflection.
Self-Reflection is the capacity of humans to exercise introspection and the willingness to learn more about their fundamental nature, purpose and essence.
I understood self-reflection via two words i.e. Introspection & Empathy.
Introspection means the examination of one’s own conscious thoughts and feelings and Empathy is the ability of understanding and entering into others feelings.
You may be confused as introspection is self-explanatory but how could empathy be linked to it. So friends, if we can change the angle then automatically our view can be changed. If we simply replace the term “others feelings” to “yours or ours feelings” then you will understand the real sense.
When you do introspection you will find a new person or new human within you. More energy, more thoughts, more feelings, more questions, more answers and more you…..now apply empathy and travel from your body to your soul. Examine where you are what you have achieved till date, what you really want to do. After few practices you will find a totally different personality within yourself.
This is a process of bringing you inner road-blocks; your wishes to the light which is the most important thing to do for inner as well as outer growth. It’s one of the best ways to attain clarity and by that immense power you can reach to where you deserve & desire to be. Introspection & Empathy both will make you more responsible, more endearing and more sensible. This next time when you see your reflection in a mirror “Ache se Shakal Dekhna Aaine Mein”, to meet the Real YOU.
This process of self-reflection helped me too to move towards my desired goals. I hope it will be helpful to others as well. I have done the followings:
- Get into the right state of Mind & Surrounding –Mental stability & surrounding peace must be there. It’s difficult in starting but it’s like meditation. The more you interact the more you extract. Disturbance will distract you & will take a longer time to reach the desired soul.
- Ask the apt questions – At the first go the mind will wonder many worlds, but as you continue firing your mind with Why, How, What, When you will move more towards the answers & more towards the real aims, which you truly want to achieve in order to get the REAL happiness. I emphasis on REAL.
- Be 100% Honest– When thinking about your questions, answer it to the best degree of truth you can. Break out any social conditioning or beliefs or things that other people put onto you. Just be yourself & answer in the best honest way.
- Attain Clarity: Analyze the situation by writing things, your target, your milestones, your each day achievements, your failures–this will increase your focus, make you feel more positive & opportunities will be easier to grab, out of a better understanding.
- Make a decision and give commitment– The realization of your plan itself will have a very positive impact on you. This will help in finding more realistic outcomes thus boosting your confidence for long run. If done with fullest commitment, greatest enthusiasm & highest dedication definitely you will come out with flying colors.
I want to close this by a quote from Elizabeth Gilbert, “We search for happiness everywhere, but we are like Tolstoy’s fabled beggar who spent his life sitting on a pot of gold, under him the whole time. Your treasure-your perfection-is within you already. But to claim it, you must leave the buy commotion of the mind and abandon the desires of the ego and enter into the silence of the heart.”
If anybody wants to do some exercise, I would be happy to assist you.