There is no short cut to hard work, however, being prepared for an exam means not only prepared study, it also means a calm mind and sound health.
Here are 9 tips suggested to a candidate that he/she should keep in mind before appearing in any of the examination in his/her life:-
- Good Sleep or Power Naps: Sleep means relaxing the mind. It is like powering up the brain for a next session of toil. Stressing too much on the last minutes only meddles what you have studied before. Therefore, avoid last minute stress and relax your mind. Take a good sleep of 7 to 8 hours to freshen up the mind and enable it to work optimally
- Note Making: The candidates should make notes of all the major current events for mugging up at the last minute. They should thoroughly revise the major current affairs and related issues. Prelims are about your awareness and your presence of mind.
- Revision: Instead of reading or learning new things at the last minute, the candidates should revise the important things they have studied, in order to develop a deep insight and clarity
- Be confident: Confidence is the key to success in any examination of life. Confidence is the driving force to success
- Presence of mind: Never panic on discovering a weak spot in the paper. Instead, try to open your mind, brainstorm a little and focus on your presence of mind. Common sense and presence of mind would improve your prospects in preliminary examination
- Handwritten notes should always be there with the candidate. To remember the points better, one should always write it down themselves. This helps in remembering things real fast
- Concentration: Although your aim would be to get the maximum benefit in the minimum time, it needs to be done neatly, with a focused mind. Concentrate on the questions and get the answers right
- Strategise: Pre-plan how you are going to handle the exam. Schedule your priority according to your interest and capacity. For instance, if you are good at numericals, try to solve all the numericals at the first go, leaving aside the history questions you are not sure of
- Be alert: It is certain that you are not the only one preparing for the exam. You will meet friends or other students at the exam venue. Do not eavesdrop, but be alert and do not ignore any information. Their conversation may get you marks! The point is, learn wherever you can.
Call me crazy but I love to see people happy and succeeding.
Life is a journey, not a competition.
We are all fellow travelers, not competitors.